AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for classic menus- ACA 2011

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
vector2
17521 Views, 19 Replies

looking for classic menus- ACA 2011

installed ACA 2011- first priority- get rid of ribbon..

typed "classic" in help/search..

results:
"To display the classic menu bar-
On the Quick Access toolbar, click the
Customization drop-down menu "Show Menu Bar"

THIS DOES NOT GET RID OF THE RIBBON..

????????????
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: vector2

There is no such feature in ACA since 2010. Ribbon all the time.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

There is no "classic" option in ACA. Never was. That refers to the vanilla
AutoCAD setup.

To close the ribbon, type "RIBBONCLOSE". But then you have no other
interface input options because there are no drop-down menus or toolbars
defined in the ACA.CUIx.

Unless you transfer them yourself from another version - like 2009, because
2010 didn't have them either - in the CUIEditor.
Message 4 of 20
vector2

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

> {quote:title=Guest wrote:}{quote}
> There is no "classic" option in ACA. Never was.

not to mention the ACA 2011 help
tries to tell you how to get the classic
menu and even shows you a picture of
it..

see image..

Message 5 of 20
vector2

Dean-

i read everything on your blog about
AutoCAD LT..

do you think it's possible that AutoCAD LT
and AutoCAD Civil might have a future?

i know ADT was great at one time- but
there are far more advanced programs
for architecture than ACA- which seems
to me to be a bloated dog that is dying..

what is your opinion of AutoCAD LT for
the near future? like for architectural
detailing work?
Message 6 of 20
noahma

Set MENUBAR to 1

The ribbon is pretty efficient, although once you get a hang of the commands, using any buttons becomes slower than just typing in a command. 

Message 7 of 20
vector2
in reply to: noahma

how is typing in a string of words faster than clicking a single button?
Message 8 of 20
ntellery

Because you have to find the button

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 9 of 20
noahma

Granted, there are some commands that are much longer than they need to be (which you can change in the acad.pgp file) most are easily and quickly moved into muscle memory, where very little thinking is needed when creating the model.  Searching for buttons takes time, clicking tabs or clicking pull down menus takes time, and taking the mouse cursor of the area of the drawing you  are drawing in takes time.  It is only a very small fraction of time, but it adds up very quickly over the course of the day and the project.  

Message 10 of 20
Butz00

Ok, try this: in options, PROFILES rollout, Available profiles: set in AutoCAD (AutoCAD Architecture Metric/Imperial is on default), then Set Current and apply, now you can switch to AutoCAD Classic from Workspace Switching. I notice that menu Express not appear in menu bar. I hope this help you. Sorry for my english.

Autocad 2011 Classic View

Message 11 of 20
KathyMoffa

Changing the profile to AutoCAD just gets you vanilla AutoCAD without Architecture.   Attached is a zip file that I downloaded from this forum that has the old menus, along with a document explaining how to use them.    If you do a search on this forum, you will find dozens of discussions on this topic.

Message 12 of 20
pendean

LT outsells AutoCAD.

AutoCAD outsells all verticals combined.

I am not positive, but I do believe ACA outsells REVIT.

I don't use Civil3D, but like ACA, I'm sure it has a place financially with Autodesk that makes both very viable, otherwise it would have died already (that's what companies for profit do, get rid of dead-weight, I'm sure your non-profit work-for-charity give-time/work-away-to-clients-for-free company does not do such things).

Message 13 of 20
zalant
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Indeed, you can use the content of the ZIP file kathymoffa has attached, even with ACA 2011.  However, the automatic part of the instructions never worked for me when I tried them (works in ACA 2010, but not in ACA 2011).  Therefore, you'll want to load up the CUIx files as partials, like the manual portion of the instructions explains.  

Alternately, you could use the CUI Editor's Transfer tab to merge all of the legacy ACA menus and toolbars into your current CUIx file, which eliminates the need to maintain more than one CUIx file.  I've outlined the steps below (sorry for the length).  The good news is that you can select all of the menus or toolbars in one shot (Ctrl+click, Shift+arrows, or select one and then Ctrl+A) and drag them over.  This means that you should be able to get all of the legacy ACA menus and toolbars from any given CUIx file over in just two drag & drop operations.

Determine the location of your support files folder.  
    A.  Run the OPTIONS command
    B.  Go to the Files tab and expand Customization Files > Main Customization File
    C.  Note the path which is shown there 
Browse to the location determined from step 1. (Note, you may need to enable the viewing of hidden files and folder in Windows, otherwise you may not see the folders indicated.) 
Unzip the content of the ZIP file into that Support folder. 
Launch AutoCAD Architecture 2011. 
Run the CUI command. 
Click the Transfer tab. 
On the right-hand frame, click the folder button for opening a customization file. 
Browse to that same directory path determined in step 1. 
Open the ACA_MAIN.CUIX file.  
Expand the Toolbars and Menus sections on the right-hand frame of the CUI editor. 
Drag the menus and toolbars that you want from the right to the left, dropping them onto either Toolbars or Menus, accordingly. 
Repeat steps 9 - 11 until you have all of the toolbars and menus that you're looking for (from the other CUIX files included in the ZIP file). 
Click the Customize tab at the top of the CUI editor. 
Select whichever workspace is set as current and click the Customize button on the right. 
Go through the Toolbars and Menus section in the left frame and check the items you'd like turned on. 
Click OK when finished.

1. Determine the location of your support files folder.
        A.  Run the OPTIONS command 
        B.  Go to the Files tab and expand Customization Files > Main Customization File
        C.  Note the path which is shown there           
  2. Browse to the location determined from step 1. (Note, you may need to enable the viewing of hidden files and folder in Windows, otherwise you may not see the folders indicated.) 
  3. Unzip the content of the ZIP file into that Support folder. 
  4. Launch AutoCAD Architecture 2011. 
  5. Run the CUI command. 
  6. Click the Transfer tab. 
  7. On the right-hand frame, click the folder button for opening a customization file. 
  8. Browse to that same directory path determined in step 1. 
  9. Open the ACA_MAIN.CUIx file.  
  10. Expand the Toolbars and Menus sections on the right-hand frame of the CUI editor. 
  11. Drag the menus and toolbars that you want from the right to the left, dropping them onto either Toolbars or Menus, accordingly. 
  12. Repeat steps 9 - 11 until you have all of the toolbars and menus that you're looking for (from the other CUIx files included in the ZIP file). 
  13. Click the Customize tab at the top of the CUI editor. 
  14. In the Workspaces section, select whichever workspace is set as current.
  15. On the right-hand frame (in the Properties section), set the Menu Bar to 'On'.
  16. Click the Customize Workspace button on the top right. 
  17. Go through the Toolbars and Menus section in the left frame and check the items you'd like turned on. 
  18. Click OK when finished.

Zac Travis
Message 14 of 20
pedroaroso
in reply to: Butz00

You can get the good old menus and toolbars for ACA2010 and 2011 here:

http://www.archidigm.com/

Search in PowerSTRIP.

Message 15 of 20
allensis
in reply to: zalant

Thank you very much for this discussion thread, Butz00, KathyMoffa, and Zac Travis especially.  I was banging my head against the desk trying to get up to speed in ACA 2011 until you saved me.  Now I can at least get back to my pre-2009 productivity levels despite the Ribbon and the other "improvements" that AutoCad has forced on old dogs like me.

Go Ducks - Win The Day!

Message 16 of 20
pencilbox
in reply to: Butz00

Hey I strolled acroos this while looking for something else..

Don'y know if you resolved this, but.. If you are a subscritption holder, go in and open

a help desk ticket.  Have Autodesk send you the menus. They have them in a Zip file.

Extract them into the folder they recommend, but then forget all the nonsense about making

custom CUI's.  You can just do a good old fashion "Menuload" and pick the ones you want.

Works great on Architecture 2011..

Message 17 of 20
hoshangf

yeah that worked. i can access the classic view now. thanks a lot. that helped

Message 18 of 20
pedroaroso
in reply to: hoshangf

Is it possible to install "autocadarchitecture_MenusToolbars" pack  in ACA2012?

Message 19 of 20
zalant
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Yes, the same package of menus and toolbars that were used in ACA 2010 and 2011 should work fine in ACA 2012.  If you're at all nervous about manipulating the customization files, though, you can use the tools that ship with the program (in the Start menu) to export your custom settings first, so that you'll have a backup copy to return to if things don't go as planned.

Zac Travis
Message 20 of 20
pedroaroso
in reply to: zalant

Thank you Zac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost