AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ACA 2014 Tutorials

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Kamasop
469 Views, 6 Replies

Looking for ACA 2014 Tutorials

Hei, this might sound like a stupid question, but i am very confused here.

i am a longtime ACAD user and want to explore the ACAD Architecture features, and i would love to go trhough some kind of tutorial. are there no real tutorials or a structured help database anymore?

the helpfeature in ACA is nice, but i have to search by keywords for every little thing, which is annoying.

which leaves me ending up googleing tutorials and there are some, but nothing official by autodesk anymore, really?!

thanks for any hints.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Kamasop

Autodesk's official literature is hosted by their publisher, Wiley:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-816793.html

There are other books you can buy to walk you through the program: Amazon is a good place to start as well as quite a few online learing sites (not free) and dozens of Youtube videos (free). Plus whatever else you found.

PS: you need to understand construction/Architecture to use/understand ACA: this is not generic AutoCAD drafting anymore. You might actually benefit from paying for hands-on tutoring to get you started.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 7
Kamasop
in reply to: pendean

thank you for your reply.

yes, i also have been looking for hands on tutorials, and might probably end up taking some. right now ACA sounds very intriguing to me, as we can try and integrate it into our workflow coming from ACAD.

After al the program's surface is not a totally different program yet. of course to get all the benefits ACA offers we would have to go all the way. But that will afford much more commitment and will take longer to successfully test and implement.

so far i will go and check out the links you have provided.

best, kat

Message 4 of 7
ACADManager

Odin at http://www.archidigm.com has the best tutorial/content for learning ACA 

Message 5 of 7
Kamasop
in reply to: pendean

Hello, sorry to ask again, but the site from the link you provided does not have anithing on ACA, just Autocad and Revit.
did i miss something?
thanks again.
Message 6 of 7
ntellery

Yes you missed it. Archidigm is all over ACA. Look for the free downloadable 'development guide' but there is plenty of other excellent content. Look in your help menu.
www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 7 of 7
Kamasop
in reply to: ntellery

thanks for your reply, yes archidigm is full of ACA tutorials and help, but the wiley-link above doesn't really give any info on ACA, right?
well, i'll work with what i have so far then!
thanks for any tips!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost