AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading palettes from company catalog

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SharlaL
627 Views, 2 Replies

loading palettes from company catalog

We have company tool palettes set up in catalogs on the server. I was able on "load and existing catalog" on a users machine this morning but when I try to drag and drop the catalog palettes to the tool palette, nothing happens. They don't populate the palette and they do not show up as an available tab under "customize". Has anyone else encountered this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: SharlaL

Just to be certain we are all on the same page, are you using AutoCAD Architecture or vanilla AutoCAD?

If AutoCAD Architecture, are you "loading the existing catalog" into the Content Browser, and then trying to i-Drop tool palettes from that catalog into the current workspace?

If so, open the Options dialog and, on the Files tab, find and expand the Tool Palettes File Locations node. You should find one or more folder locations specified below this node. Take note of the top folder location. Does the user trying to i-Drop the tool palettes have write access to this folder? Is there a file called AcTpCatalog.atc in this folder? AutoCAD Architecture will try to add the i-dropped tool palettes to the top folder and will be expecting that a "workspace catalog" file is present into which the tool palettes can be placed.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
SharlaL
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you David!

All of that is correct. We are using ACA 2012 and working through the Content Browser. For some reason the user came in this morning and had lost his profile (system wide) so we had to reset up ACA. Loading his saved profile fixed everything except for the tool palettes. I had forgotten to check that under Options. Once I repathed to the correct folder on the server, his palettes showed up at least under the "customize palette" dialog and I just had to drag them into the correct palette groups. Those were read only folders, which I changed to give him read/write access, but the i-dropper still would not pull from the catalog. The AcTpCatalog.atc is located in the tool palette folder.

So, I did get him working with company palettes again at least, just never resolved why the i-dropper is not functioning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost