AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nikoue
424 Views, 4 Replies

Live section

i wonder if i can enable live section only in one viewport and have it disable to others in the same time.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: nikoue

Yes you can.  A live section is tied to a display set.  So as long as the other viewports are using a different display configuration that also uses a different display set for the current viewing angle the live section will only show in the one viewport.  If I'm going to use a live section for a finished drawing I'll typically create a display set and configuration just for the live section for this very reason.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 5
nikoue
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

how i create a display set?

Message 4 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: nikoue

On the Ribbon, on the Manage tab, open the Display Manager.  On the left panel expand "Sets" under your drawing and right click on a set to copy.  Probably "Model" or "Section_Elev" for a live section.  Paste and rename your display set.  Next expand Configurations and copy and paste a new Configuration.  Rename your new configuration.  Open your configuration and and on the configuration tab replace the sets that are existing with your new set for the appropriate view directions.

This is just a quick and dirty explanation.  It sounds like you might want to read up a little on the Display Manager to better understand how it operates.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 5 of 5
nikoue
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Your Right.

I must read up a lot on the Display Manager.

Thank you anyway

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost