AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in tool palette

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jliston
528 Views, 5 Replies

Links in tool palette

I am trying to make a custom palette for structural members. Could someone explain this activate and deactivate from the help file.

"Then, temporarily deactivate the link and change the dimension properties of the tool to 4 x 4 x 4 meters. Next, copy the tool back to the Content Browser. The Content Browser catalog is updated with the new tool properties. Finally, reactivate the link from the Content Browser tool to the AutoCAD Architecture palette."

I not sure I follow this information. Where can I find the deactivate?

Thanks

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jliston

In the tool's properties, uncheck the "Refresh from" toggle at the upper right.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jliston

THe check box is grayed out. Any other options?

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

Did you make a copy of an existing tool?  Was that existing tool linked to a catalog?

If the source tool was not linked to a catalog, did you copy the new tool to a tool catalog?  If so, then you may need to i-drop the tool back to an editable palette to get the Link from toggle to be active (in which case, it will be checked since it came from a catalog).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
jliston

It was an OOTB tool I just wanted to modify it to suit my purpose. I am also attempting to create some standard structural steel sizes and place them in a catalog. I found the container drawing and created them in that drawing and saved the drawing. Then dragged and dropped them into a catalog and then onto a palette.

Joe

Message 6 of 6
jliston

Another question I had was about the mvblock Autodesk uses to identify the different structural members (Style_Tag) in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Styles\Imperial\Member Styles (imperial).dwg .When I use _AecMvBlockAdd and insert the Mvblock I get nothing on the screen. It appears they have linked the other Mvblocks to the structural member and pulled the attribute from the member itself.  I looked at the property sets nothing there. I looked at the Display Reps, nothing there unusual. Any ideas on that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost