AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lineweights and dimension lines/text too thick

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nateb133
1873 Views, 1 Reply

lineweights and dimension lines/text too thick

Hi guys,

I have a drawing with with lineweights as thin as .05mm for my lines. When I go into paperspace for an 11x17 titleblock/paper size... the lines, text, and dimensiosn appear to be the thickness that I expect regardless if it's set to 1/4" scale or 1/8" scale. I recently put the same drawing with the same lineweights into a larger 36x48 titleblock/paper size and the lines instantly become too thick and the dimensions too thick to read. Can anyone walk me through what is going on here?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: nateb133

How are you "putting" the original drawing "into" a larger title block/paper size?  Are you adding a layout with a larger title block to the original drawing, or are you inserting (or externally referencing) the original drawing into a new drawing?

Are you using the same printer/plotter for both paper sizes, or is the larger sheet being sent to a different printer/plotter?

Are you using color-dependent or named plot styles?  Are you using the same plot style file for both paper sizes?

Do you set your lineweights in the drawing or in the plot styles?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost