AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pdaughe1
200 Views, 1 Reply

Linetype problem

I am running AutoCAD  Architecture 2011.  I have xref'ed "x-floor plan" into the "Floor Plan" file.  Everything shows up fine in the "Floor Plan" file; all ojects that are dashed show up properly.  When I open the "x-floor plan" file everything shows up as a continuous linetype but the setting show certain objects as dashed.  The linetype scale both drawings are shown as 30.  How do I make it so I can see the dashed lines in the xref'ed file "x-floor plan"?

Secondly, in this file xref'ed file only, there is a new type of marker I would like to disappear.  See picture, it is an arrow.  How do I turn this off?

Any help would be great- I am sure both these issues are some setting I am just not aware of.

Polly

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pkolarik
in reply to: pdaughe1

The arrow is the UCS Icon. You can turn that completely off by typing "UCSICON" and selecting "off"

The linetype issue. If it's a layout/paperspace drawing, we typically run with ltscale, msltscale, and psltscale all set to "1". This allows for all our non-continuous linetypes to show the same in every view of every drawing, both in layouts and in modelspace. I know you said you have ltscale set to 30, so maybe check into the other two settings in both drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost