AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line darkness issues when plotting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ameans474
2042 Views, 4 Replies

Line darkness issues when plotting

I have a drawing with the floor plan as an xref.  I added the plumbing on top of the xref.  My problem comes when plotting.  When I print the drawing to the plotter, since the plotter is black and white only the lines of the plumbing come out darker than the xref.  But I also need a pdf copy in black and white, but when I change the settings to greyscale all the lines look the same in terms of darkness.

Additional info, the xref is grey and the plumbing layer line color is dark purple.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kevinmulvaney
in reply to: ameans474

So you want your output to be black/white in all cases correct?

Have you created a .ctb file that will set all the lines to black, or screned for the grey lines?

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon
Message 3 of 5
ameans474
in reply to: kevinmulvaney

I changed the .ctb to all colors plot as black.  But the were still greyish in the pdf.  I went back into the layers and changed the color from black (color 250) to black (r;0 b;0 g;0) and they actually got darker.  I wasnt sure if there was an easier way to go about doing this

Message 4 of 5
kevinmulvaney

In the CTB settings there is a grayscale setting (Yes/No). You might want to check that those are set to No for the colors you want black.

Also did you plot to color or grayscale for the PDF? With the ctb configuration you should plot to color to allow the lines to be black.

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon
Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

Also make certain that the screening is set to 100 for anything you want full intensity black.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost