AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate license for Architecture

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
russelll
379 Views, 3 Replies

Legitimate license for Architecture

I noticed a website that sells Architecture for considerably less than you can buy it from our 3rd party reseller. The site is Alfa-software.com. They sell more than just CAD software and on the surface, they look legitimate. Their wesite claims that they work with the major name brand software publishers. The software comes only via download (no disk or manuals) and you cannot register the software with the manufacturer and you cannot upgrade the software. These limitations make me question whether this would be a legal license for the software if I purchased one. You can't buy the latest version of the software, but that works great for me since I want a specific older version anyways. How can I find out if this is a legitimate way of obtaining a seat of Architecture for an older version? It does not matter to me if I cannot upgrade this license or receive support...I simply don't need either. I don't want to plop down money for a seat only to find out it is not legal. Thanks.

Russell
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: russelll

"... you cannot register the software with the manufacturer..."

You need more than that to confirm it is not legit?

Message 3 of 4
russelll

Nothing is ever black and white in this world. How can they stay in business and maintain their website without AutoDesk and other manufacturers going after them if this is not legal? But yes, I do seriously doubt their legitimacy...hence my raising the question in the first place. Thank you for responding.

Russell
Message 4 of 4
pendean

Anyone with $15 can set up a website: if you are in a foreign land, it takes legit companies even longer to ramp up and shut them down.

Would you, under the same exact restrictions and product price, buy from...

An add in your local paper's back pages?

Or the penny-saver rag?

Or the free area entertainment paper/mag?

a street vendor with a fancy looking car's trunk?

Or would a fancy street cart make a difference?

Or a small storefront with a neon sign in a strip mall on a side road?

Or maybe a short-term lease storefront at a mall? Maybe a couch and a TV to distract you while you part with the cash?

Or eBay from a vendor with no track record or rating?

Where do you draw the line at parting with your hard earned money?

Why will they not allow you to register with the product creator? Some kind of back-room deal perhaps, to give some special 'secret' folks a break and everyone else has to bend over and take it full price?

Unless it has expired already, Autodesk is offering 12-month zero interest (same as cash) financing to buy new software in the US (or North America): check with your local Autodesk reseller for details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost