AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader text when typing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chughes
401 Views, 6 Replies

Leader text when typing

Is there a setting controlling typed text visibility in the command line when using a leader?  In 2004, text would show in the command line as it was typed.  Now, to see what I am typing, I have to enter the leader dialogue box.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: chughes

LEADER, QLEADER or MLEADER command? You seem to be describing the latter but wanting one of the first two... .

Message 3 of 7
chughes
in reply to: pendean

QLEADER

Message 4 of 7
pendean

1. Turn off DYNMODE and you get ADT2004 behavior.

2. Keep DYNMODE on and MTEXT is displayed at the cursor when you start typing after you finished selecting your last point; it's not in a MTEXT editor.

3. Keep DYNMODE on and hit <enter> when prompted at the Mtext entry at the command line and you get the MTEXT editor: just like ADT2004 I believe but it's been so long that's really no longer relevant unless you are only in ADT2005.

Message 5 of 7
chughes

None of those worked, Dean. 

Attached are images of the command at the same step.  The 2004 image shows the text.  The 2013 image does not show the text.

I run DYNMODE on 0, but for this particular item, it doesnt make a difference if I am in 0, 1, or 2.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

2013 screenshot attached, works as I wrote previously.

So what are your QLEADER settings?

Message 7 of 7
chughes

I seems that it is an issue with a lisp routine I have running, not with the command itself.  If I run QLEADER natively, I see what you see, Dean.  If I run my routine, which basically sets a temp osnap and a temp layer, I lose text input.

I looks like I am off to the customization group to troubleshoot.  Thanks for your help, Dean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost