AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Previews

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
264 Views, 4 Replies

Layout Previews

Let me preface this by letting you all know that I'm running ACA 2009.

My annoyance right now is that my layout previews (which display in the Quick View Layouts) do not display the extents of the layout. Right now, they only show the lower left quadrant of my border (the border defines the extents of the layout). It's not a chronic issue as it is only happening in a few drawings while others show the extents; I think there has to be a system variable or check box somewhere that needs to be changed in the affected drawings. Any answers?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is that the view you left them in?
Did you do a save while in full view?
just a couple of thoughts. I don't know when it saves the preview.

wrote in message news:6288766@discussion.autodesk.com...
Let me preface this by letting you all know that I'm running ACA 2009.

My annoyance right now is that my layout previews (which display in the
Quick View Layouts) do not display the extents of the layout. Right now,
they only show the lower left quadrant of my border (the border defines the
extents of the layout). It's not a chronic issue as it is only happening in
a few drawings while others show the extents; I think there has to be a
system variable or check box somewhere that needs to be changed in the
affected drawings. Any answers?

Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have had a few problems with the Quick view layouts in ACA 2010. Does not happen in most drawings, but in some the quick view layouts are not updating - when a new layout is added, a layout name is changed, or when the layout view changes. I have to unpin the quick view layouts and re-open to see the changes. Most drawings this works fine. On the ones that don't, an audit or repair does not correct this.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem you are having, but it could be related. I don't recall ever having this issue with ACA 2009 though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I found my answer.

The extents of the paper space layout preview seems to be set by the layout's limits rather than detecting the extents of the geometry in the layout. This is different from the model space preview which is defined by whatever state you left the drawing in last. You can establish the limits by typing LIMITS at the command line. You can also set the limits by having a pagesetup, that defines your paper size, set current in the layout.

In my case, the limits in affected paper space layouts were usually set to 11x9. Making sure the pagesetup, which defined a paper size of 34x22, was set as current in the layout resolved the issue.

As simple as it sounds, I don't know why it took me so long to check this setting. Oh well.

Thanks for the input.
Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

Thanks for posting your findings.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost