AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout and Model Tabs missing...repeatedly.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tswiezy
34007 Views, 8 Replies

Layout and Model Tabs missing...repeatedly.

I keep losing my Layout and Model tabs in AutoCad Architecture 2013. I'll go to Layout Elements in Display Options to turn them on, but after closing the program I lose them again. Very annoying to keep turning them on each time.

I also have another problem where several of my Express Tools options return an "unknown command" such as TXT2MTXT and ARCTEXT, but likely unrelated I guess. I'm pointing it out just FYI.

Thanks,

Tom.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
KathyMoffa
in reply to: tswiezy

In Options/Display tab, verify that "Display Layout and Model Tabs"  is checked.   

Message 3 of 9
pendean
in reply to: KathyMoffa

... then figure out how to save that AutoCAD Profile to the external ARG being loaded when you start ACA2013.

Might cure both of the issues.

Message 4 of 9
tswiezy
in reply to: pendean

The option is always un-checked when I restart AutoCad, no matter how many times I check it!. I load my profile from the AutoCad Start Icon via the /p switch. Here's the "target" string:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\AecBase.dbx" /product "ACA" /language "en-US" /p "Tom-2013"

My profile is always current, so I know it's holding.

I have exported the profile to save the .arg file, but I can't seem to find a file path that AutoCad finds it from. I think the profile info is just saved somewhere else, and my export only serves as backup.

Do you know for sure there is an external ARG being loaded?

Message 5 of 9
pendean

If it's always unchecked when you start AutoCAD/ACA, you have an external profile being loaded IMHO.

Take out the /P and info after it and find out.

Message 6 of 9
tswiezy
in reply to: pendean

I removed the /p info and opened ACA, no tabs, the option was un-checked. So, I checked it, applied it, then closed and re-opened to same result: no tabs, option un-checked. What did surprise me is that my Tom-2013 profile was still current. I expected it to be a standard profile, not my slightly edited profile.

Message 7 of 9
tswiezy

Solved:

Down at bottom-right of screen there is a small gear icon for "Workspace Switching".  That brings up "Workspace settings..." I had to click on "Automatically save workspace changes".

Now my Model & Layout tabs stay on.

Message 8 of 9
nomi_sitrin

Had both issues with AutoCAD Architecture 2013: some Express tool commands not working at all, others had to load them every time I opened Autocad & also Layout-Model Tabs disappearing.

To solve Express Tools had to follow this link:

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/load-express-tools-for-2013/

Go to the Software Installation, 'Add Features', found 'Express' unchecked ( I thought I did checked in the initial installation) had to check it, 'Updated Installation', and now all my Express Commands are working!

Message 9 of 9
kappanon
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost