AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Oilymo
344 Views, 4 Replies

Layers question

I want to turn off every layer except roofs, roofslabs and 0 within certain viewports to create a roof only plan.  What's the best way to do this as a single "click" routine.  At the moment I can achieve this by using the layer manager and a filter but I'm always trying to minimise the time taken to achieve the same result.

Many thanks

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Oilymo

If you always use the same layer names, you could set up a script that would VPLayer Freeze all layers in the viewport and then thaw just the ones you want to see.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ntellery

If you set up a template drawing with the correct layers in each sheet already set up it can be mostly automatic.  Also you can import a sheet from a template into the current drawing.

Showing my ignorance, you can use Layer states (are they the same as VPLayer (I think so) in a viewport.

Also using the LayerFreeze inside a viewport will freeze in that viewport (there is a toggle setting for this) which is not what you want but comes in handy.

Also my lisp routine has in it commands that can be adapted to what you want if you want to strip out.

for eg. Layer States are hard wired and you have to set each layer.  A lisp routine can have some flexibility via wildcards so any layer named 1-* can be manipulated. or *-Wall* etc.

If your layers are predictable you can do this.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

I would save the layer settings as a named view via the "view" command.

I would call this named view "Roof Plan".

Then have a lisp that would restore this view with a shortcut one the keyboard, for expample "RP"

I have such a setup to restore named views such as Floor Plan (FP), Ceiling Plan (CP), Demo Plan (DP) etc.

Message 5 of 5
Oilymo
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thanks for all your responses, as with all things ACA there are many ways to get the job done. I'll have a look when I'm back in after Easter at the best fit for our business. Regards Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost