AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mchedraui
282 Views, 3 Replies

Layers problem

Hello everyone,

I have been using Autocad for a month now, maybe is a stupid problem, but I cannot seem to find a solution.
I'm trying to bring a drawing DWG from Rhino to Autocad. I'm saving the file as a DWG and then I'm opening it in autocad in a new window using XREF, but for some reason when I create a new layer (color blue for ex) and I select the lines and put them into the layer they don't change color even when it says bylayer. The lines keep the same color that they came from Rhino. I have tried a lot of things for hours, but nothing seems to work. Maybe is my inexperience.
(I'm attaching a photo.)

Please help me!

Thanks,

Michelle.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: mchedraui

It appears to me that the entity you have selected as seen in the screenshot is a block reference. You may try to explode the entity by using the EXPLODE command so it is broken down into its component entities (i.e. lines). By selecting the object and using the LIST command or the Properties palette, you can check what is the type of object.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 4

If its a block why not edit the block instead of exploding?

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mchedraui

If you are trying to edit the exported object, you do not want to XREF (externally reference) the exported drawing file.  Either work directly in the exported DWG file, or, if you wish to preserve that as-in, work in a copy of the file.  If the exported file does not have your desired AutoCAD settings, you can start a new file and use the INSERT command to insert the exported file a block reference, and then explode the block reference to get at the exported object directly - OR - use REFEDIT to edit the block in place, as CADastrophe suggested.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost