AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer visibility per Model and Layouts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RichardCammeray
624 Views, 3 Replies

Layer visibility per Model and Layouts

Hi,

Currently I am AutoCAD vanilla user only but couple of years ago I worked in firm using ACA with add-on developed in Germany.

I don’t know what controlled it (ACA or add-on) but layer visibility (On/Off and Freeze)  was saved within each Layout tab.

Say, you could turn off or freeze layers in Model space but it won’t effect layers visibility in Layouts.

My question is: Is this feature from of ACA? Could someone check it for me?

Thank you.

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

on/off and thaw/freeze values can be set independently for each viewport in paperspace in all "flavors" of AutoCAD.

That being said, such settings are dependent upon the layers being on and thawed in modelspace. If off or frozen in MS then they will be off or frozen in the PS viewports.

Your add-on probably had a reactor that would turn on and thaw all modelspace layers when you switched to Paperspace so the viewport settings would be valid.
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 3 of 4

Hi Gary.

Thank you for your reply. I had little hope that ACA has this capability to keep layer on/off property  independent for each layout tab.

I have to probably play little bit with layer state then.

Richard

Message 4 of 4

A common "rule" is to thaw and turn on all layers prior to leaving Modelspace (or closing a drawing since the next time that it's opened it might be done programmatically for plotting).

And yes, a layer state can easily be defined to do so, you just need to remember to apply it at the appropriate times.

-G
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost