AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer properties manager not displaying content

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
carrt
27455 Views, 11 Replies

Layer properties manager not displaying content

I have seen this question a few times, but I have not seen a resolution.  It is making me crazy. Help

From time to time the layer properties manger Blanks out. See the attached image. The data is there, under the "fog" - I can view one item at a time by clicking on it.  

CLASSICLAYER helps in most situations, but it isn't a real fix.  If I play with the layer manager long enough I get some degree of rehabilitation - as if it is really trying hard to open, but just can't manage it. The fields sometimes are blocked black, or certain areas of the fields become visible momentarily.  If I scroll to the far right I can pick up some information.

I'd just like it to work properly.

I am running AutoCad Architecture 2012 on Windows 7 professional with NVIDIAGeForce GT 440 and dual screens, (however I keep all the autocad work on the same screen). 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ntellery
in reply to: carrt

Yes I get that on occasion too. I also have a Nvidea card.

Annoying - another feature (bug) of this program.

Sorry I have no solution but I wonder, do you have any other issues that you think may be graphic driver related?  I have several and I think I should try rolling back the driver to an earlier one that was tested by the Adesk team.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

In case anyone from Autodesk is monitoring these (is there an official channel for submitting bug reports?):

Similar issue running Autocad LT 2012 SP1.1 on 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP3 (5.1.2600, German version).

Dual monitor setup: 1920x1080 over DVI, 1280x1024 over D-SUB. The PC is a Dell Optiplex 755, using the integrated Intel video (Q35 chipset, driver version 6.14.10.4837).

See picture underneath. Funnily enough, the problem only manifests itself when the layer properties manager is located on the second monitor (the small one over D-SUB). Missing widgets in layer properties manager.PNG

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>...the problem only manifests itself when the layer properties manager is located on the second monitor (the small one over D-SUB...<<<

I doubt there will be acure for that one anytime soon as it seems too specialized, but if it ever did happen you need to monitor the Updates/Patches forum (turn update notification on in your AutoCAD) and wait.

Message 5 of 12
leothebuilder
in reply to: pendean

On occasion I have the same problem.

Closing and reopening the file fixed this.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Nothing in the Layers Properties Manager was visible. I tried closing and reopening the file but it still didn't restore the view. Only closing and reopening Autocad worked for my file.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Sounds like you had a layer filter active.
Message 8 of 12
ntellery

Channel for bug reports?  Yes they hide it away don't they as if they don't want to hear from you.

Here it is here.   I've bookmarked it this time so I don't have to go on an extreme search mission each time.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/report_a_bug.html

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 9 of 12
tedwardspg
in reply to: ntellery

this happens on occasion. there are no updates or fixes for this. I have spoken to Autodesk and my tech support about this and they all just say to close the program and reopen. It is just a graphical error when the work station gets too warm. If you make sure to shut your computer down when you leave for the night and be sure to close AutoCAD when you go to lunch the problem will happen less often. That is the only thing I can tell you that may help.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

me too facing same problem some time layer property shows correctly and sometime it doest load the menu items

Message 11 of 12
dbdoug62

Hope it's not bad form to revive such an old thread, but I had this issue today, with ACA 2017.  Turning off Hardware Acceleration (GRAPHICSCONFIG) seems to have solved it.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dbdoug62

An even better solution if you don't want to lose the benefits of hardware acceleration is to use the classic layer manager.

Every iteration of Autodesk that comes out I change LAYERDLGMODE = 0.

What this does is every time you click on the "Layer Properties" button in the ribbon or access it via command line it will open the classic manager instead of the palette version of the manager.

The differences between the two are that the classic manager has to be opened and closed before you continue working whereas the palette version can remain open while you work (when it works) but the greatest benefit of the classic manager is that at least it actually loads all the time.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use the classic manager all the time and only when the palette version doesn't want to load properly you can type CLASSICLAYER to access it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost