AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Contributor
andido
Message 1 of 1 (154 Views)

Layer Descriptions

154 Views, 0 Replies
02-27-2012 12:24 PM

Hi all,

Note we are a property owner, not an architecture firm. We're moving from another CAD software to AutoCAD Architecture.  Eventually, we'll be in Revit when we have the machines to run it.

Question:  I have set-up a layer standard  within a standard drawing (dws) that include layer descriptions.  The reason layer discription will be helpful as the CAD techs are not used to the National CAD Standard Layers and I thought it would be helpful to have the old layer names available to sort by in the layer manager.  However, I found out that running CAD Standards-Layer Translator on the exported dwgs fixed all the layer fields except the description.  Too bad it seemed like a elegant/easy solution.

We have 70 dwgs exported from the other CAD application with 50 layers for each drawing.  Is there a way besides manually typing them to populate the layer description fields for 3500 layers in our new drawings?

Best regards,

Andy

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.