AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Descriptions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
356 Views, 0 Replies

Layer Descriptions

Hi all,

Note we are a property owner, not an architecture firm. We're moving from another CAD software to AutoCAD Architecture.  Eventually, we'll be in Revit when we have the machines to run it.

Question:  I have set-up a layer standard  within a standard drawing (dws) that include layer descriptions.  The reason layer discription will be helpful as the CAD techs are not used to the National CAD Standard Layers and I thought it would be helpful to have the old layer names available to sort by in the layer manager.  However, I found out that running CAD Standards-Layer Translator on the exported dwgs fixed all the layer fields except the description.  Too bad it seemed like a elegant/easy solution.

We have 70 dwgs exported from the other CAD application with 50 layers for each drawing.  Is there a way besides manually typing them to populate the layer description fields for 3500 layers in our new drawings?

Best regards,

Andy

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost