AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Color

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
riznasp
485 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Color

Friends,

I have changed the color of some of the xref file layer in my drawing manually from the layer manager. Is there any way of getting the original color back without detaching and reattaching the xref's in a quick way?

Thanks

Riznas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: riznasp

You could set VISTRETAIN to 0, save and close the file and then reopen it.  Assuming you want the file to "remember" the externally referenced layer settings from that point forward, you would then reset VISRETAIN to 1.

NOTE:  That will affect all settings on all external reference files, including viewport freeze state.  If you have a lot of settings you want to keep and only a few colors to change, it may be easier to do so manually.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
David_Knight
in reply to: David_W_Koch

As a quicker (and potentially safer method) you can set Visretain to 1, then reload the individual Xref that you want to change back to the original settings, then set Visretain back to 0.

Reloading the file resets EVERY xref, which could be a problem if you have more than 1 Xref in the drawing you are using.  The way I described it would only reset the one reloaded Xref file.  

Message 4 of 4
riznasp
in reply to: David_W_Koch

It works...

Thank you so much & I appreciate your help David.

Riznas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost