AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just-in-Time error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rfrisch
5220 Views, 5 Replies

Just-in-Time error

Hi Everyone:

I have a problem. Every time I open R9 Architectre this morning I've been getting an unhandled exception error. It says "Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue." Then it says  "Invalid URL scheme is not valid". Then in the box below "Application does not support Just-In-Time (JIT) debugging. See the end of this message for details'. Then I scroll down to the end and it says "Application does not support Windows Form just-in-time (JIT) debugging. Contacct the application author for more information".

I shut down Autocad then my computer (twice) thinking it was just a glick. Well here I am, "Help Me". Thanks and have a nice weekend.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: rfrisch

Did your security level change in IE (or Windows) over the weekend? Ask yout I.T. folks and put it back.

Message 3 of 6
rfrisch

Hi Dean;

I just checked out my security on IE and the security hasn't changed but when I opened Autocad the message didn't pop up this time. So I rebooted my machine to see if the message would replicate when I opened Autocad again, but no message. This is weird. Thanks for you help. Have a nice day.

Ray

Message 4 of 6
dbd63
in reply to: pendean

What is Just-in-time Debugging?  I'm reading the message about it now, after crashing apparently.  It says that to enable it, "the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jit Debugging value set in the system.windows.forms section".  I've not heard of these files, and it sounds like something only a knowledeable system administrator should set up.  Do I want jit Debugging?  Is it something I should ask our IT guy to consider setting up?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

JIT is triggered by a security setting change on your PC, Windows or browser: your IT should the able to figure out what changed on your PC since it last worked. This is a common windows security issue with many software, don't cloud it by asking them to do anything else.
Message 6 of 6
jeff
in reply to: pendean

JIT debugging is usually enabled when you install Visual Studio.

By looks of the error try turning off communication center

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost