AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Linking an Excel file to AutoCAD Architecture 2013 & 14 over a network.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
j22mattones
442 Views, 7 Replies

Issues Linking an Excel file to AutoCAD Architecture 2013 & 14 over a network.

Hello all,

My company is having issues linking excel files over a network.  They link just fine when the file is saved locally, but they do not work over a network.  Has anyone else had the same problem, and have you found a sollution?

Any and all help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

James

We are using 2012, 2013, and 2014 versions of AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Architecture.  Same issue on 5 different machines.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: j22mattones

Link breaks after you move files locations: what prevents you from working on the server at the start? What error messages do you get?
Message 3 of 8
j22mattones
in reply to: pendean

The file location has remained constant. The link is broken upon creation.

Please see the attached image for the yellow warning triangle with the "!"
in it. This is the only indication I have that it is not working outside
of the fact that it doesn't work.

Thank you,

James
Message 4 of 8
pendean

No attachment.

OLELINKS command: use it to check status before and 'after' the loss: it also has a CONVERT option to reselect a source.
Message 5 of 8
j22mattones

Sorry about that, the image should be attached now.

In the image you will see a yellow caution triange with an exclamation-point in it overtop of the link icon.

The other issue I am having is that the "OK" button randomly does not work in the "Insert Table" Dialog box.

Message 6 of 8
j22mattones

I have tried the OLELINKS command as you suggested, and the command does nothing.  At the same time, it does NOT give me an "Unknown command" message, the OLELINKS command litterally just doesn't do anything.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Restart your PC and try again: otherwise you seem to be describing a bad install of ACA.
Message 8 of 8
j22mattones

I have restarted the machine, and reinstalled AutoCAD since I first noticed this issue.  It is not just on my machine, but all machines in my office.  Also we are running AutoCAD & AutoCAD Architecture 2012, 2013, & 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost