AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have your custom Hatch patterns in Alphabetical order?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gfields2012
286 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to have your custom Hatch patterns in Alphabetical order?

I installed AutoCAD Arch 2012, and went to match properties from a hatch from a co workers drawing, that did not work.

I went to my old files and didn’t know where to install these different .pat files so I renamed them by changing the ending of the file name with a 1, 2, and 3 etc.

Also after copying the .pat files to random placese i thought AutoCAD was reading them from and path-ing under the options, file… to different locations where the .pat files were, they appeared!! But not like what I am used to, at least with Batt_Insulation at the top of my list. All the other file I could care less where they fall it just sucks not having Batt_Insulation first at the top of the custom tap, so i dont have to scroll threw all 200 hatch patterns.

Is there a way to have your custom Hatch patterns in Alphabetical order, or does anyone know how to re order the files to Batt_Insulation is at the top of my list.

I’m not sure if It’s how I path the files under the options or were I copied the files to AutoCAD to were the program reads them from?

Please help!!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: gfields2012

So all of your custom hatches are NOT in one single folder?
Message 3 of 4
gfields2012
in reply to: pendean

No and I'm not 100 percent sure either

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: gfields2012

What is MAXSORT variable set to?

BTW, I keep all my customizations organized in specific folders, and in the case of custom hatch patterns, they are all in one 'HATCHES' folder. Seems to be in Alphabetical order here by default in every upgrde I've ever done without must extra effort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost