AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Valued Mentor
jmcintyre
Message 11 of 11 (120 Views)

Re: Is ACA to be "retired"?

10-07-2011 07:33 PM in reply to: 2Harry

To your original question re any announcements by Adesk about retiring ACA, no I haven't heard anything, but all the dealers keep telling me 'revit is the future'. They of course want the upgrade and training dollars. I've used both and tried implementing it in a company I worked for. Because ACA is based on acad it was difficult to get everyone to move to 3D. Not everyone shared my enthusiasm for the progression. Revit is a totally new way of doing things and must be used in 3D. If it's just you and a few equally skilled operators who are willing to 'learn' and progress then ACA is fine. There is a steep learning curve for both programs but it's well worth the effort.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.