AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterpOSe on MasterMap into DWG results in Imperial Units?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
424 Views, 2 Replies

InterpOSe on MasterMap into DWG results in Imperial Units?

Hello, I have been using Digimap for some time now, but the Mastermap download always fails on me in AutoCAD Architecture 2012. The download process in fine, along with the conversion to .dwg format, when it's in AutoCAD program the problems occur. For a start the file is now in imperial (inches) units, and I have spoken with EDINA and they have no idea why it is like this, as it should be in metric (mm). This would fine fine if I could change the units, but it is not that simple. On changing of units to mm, and clicking yes on resizing, the modelspace drawing disappears. I can only view it if I use 'Zoom - Extents', but then the drawing is now extremely out of scale, being over 50% smaller than the real life counterpart.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of any solution? Both Dotted Eyes & Edina have been of little help at any stage, so hopefully I can find a solution on here.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Palmer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

EDIT: It is often 30-40 times smaller than it should be, not half. Also I could just use the Scale factor command, but it risks inaccuracy and is very tedious, so any solutions would be preferred. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Could it be 25.4 times too small?  Perhaps you should not have AutoCAD rescale the drawing when changing units.  Maybe the drawing is correctly sized for mm units but is incorrectly reporting that the unit are imperial.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost