AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD Architecture, no shortcut on desktop appears

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ArchitextureSpatialDesign
2147 Views, 9 Replies

Installing AutoCAD Architecture, no shortcut on desktop appears

I have just installed my new 2015 AutoCAD Architecture upgrade (from a mailed media box set)

A shortcut to AutoCAD 2015 appears on my desktop and opens successfully,

But no shortcut to AutoCAD ARCHITECTURE 2015 appears, and I cannot find it under my list of programs

Where is it? How do I open it?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Did the boxed set only contain AutoCAD Architecture, or was it for one of the suites?  All three variants of the Building Design Suite (Standard, Premium and Ultimate) include both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture.  Could you have installed AutoCAD 2015 rather than AutoCAD Architecture 2015?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 10

On the box it says
BUILDING DESIGN SUITE
Standard 2015
Message 4 of 10

Well, that suite includes both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture.  Was AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture installed?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 10

Hi Bruce,

Could you please check the following location and verify that the program is installed (see image below)?

• START > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 - English
  • You can search the "Programs and Features" to filter the list, if needed.

2015_ACA_Control_Panel.png

If the program doesn't show up in this list, then it is not installed, and you will need to install the program from your Building Design Suite media.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 6 of 10

Hi Victoria,

It does show Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 English listed in the intalled programs, as you suggested.

What should I try next?

Message 7 of 10

Hi Bruce,

From there, you can double-click the program to launch the utility to add/remove features, repair, reinstall, or uninstall the program.

Choose "Add or Remove Features".

Add_or_Remove_Features.png

Check/uncheck all of the content packs you do or don't need installed (US Imperial, US Metric, and Global are the default).

Content_Packs.png

Choose "Next" then "Update".

A separate shortcut for each of the content packs you checked should now appear on your desktop.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I double clicked on the icon listed under programs, and it begins to launch Acadarchitecture 2015, and then crashes with this note;

Failed to load

c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\_aic88c.tmp\setup\contentpackui.dll(126)!

I have reverted to acadarchitecture 2014 to get on with my work- but as of this morning it wont open, with the following notice;

FATAL ERROR; Unhandled c00000fdh Exception at fede4887h

Acad 2015 opens and works fine, but its acad architecture that I need as my existing drawings all have intelligent walls, doors, windows etc. I really need to get on with my work but I am now properly stuck.

Please help

Bruce

Message 9 of 10

And when I try to reinstall acadarchitecture 2014 is cancels and does not complete

And I cannot even begin to reinstall acadarchitecture 2015 because when I double click on it, it crashes before the screen comes up giving option to repair/reinstall

Message 10 of 10

I also tried the repair button on 2014 acadarchictecture- 

it said repair was successful

but the program still crashes before it completes launching

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost