AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSERTING PDF FILES

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
408 Views, 6 Replies

INSERTING PDF FILES

When I insert a pdf it does not have a white background and it REALLY slows down CAD. I played with the contrast and fade but the image gets worse. The best I can get the image to look is having the contrast set to 100 and the fade set to 0. I have used this pdf in other projects using 2004 and 2007 but with 3013 it is inserting it quite differently. Please advise.

Thanks,

Marc

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Post the PDF.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Okay.....I assume you want me to post a pdf into CAD? I see where I can attach one.

Please advise. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

No; share that PDF here, let's all have a look.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Please see attached PDF. I hope I attached it correctly.

Thanks,

Marc

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Friend, you said you had trouble attaching a PDF to a DWG file. Sharing your DWG file is of little help (other than the fact that you seem to have 4-copies of each PDF in there), posting the PDF file would tell us more.

Message 7 of 7
dbroad

PDF's will slow the drawing down.  If you expect differently, you will be disappointed.  They always slow my drawings down.  Unload them when you don't need to see them or freeze the layer they are attached into.  I use PDF's for 2 reasons:  1)Tracing geometry after which I detach the PDF. 2)Using it as a background on a composite job, in which case I generally attach the pdf to a drawing and load it only when I need to see relationships.  Using viewports or separate work layouts might save some zooming.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost