AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

steved8
Message 1 of 3 (774 Views)
Accepted Solution

Inserting doors offset and / or centered

774 Views, 2 Replies
02-08-2012 09:11 PM

I've just upgraded to ACA 2012.  I can see how to insert a door in either an offset "or" centered position, but not both.   In my previous version, the position could be set to "center / offset" which was an "and / or" option depending on the cursor location.  Is this option available in ACA 2012?

No, this changed in ACA 2011, as part of an expansion of the options when inserting a opening (Door, Window, Door/Window Assembly, Opening).  If you are interested in more details, I wrote a series of blog articles on the change.  Here is a link to the first article; there are links to the next article at the end of all but the last article.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/10/aca-2011-opening-location-changes-part.html

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 3 (766 Views)

Re: Inserting doors offset and / or centered

02-09-2012 04:52 AM in reply to: steved8

No, this changed in ACA 2011, as part of an expansion of the options when inserting a opening (Door, Window, Door/Window Assembly, Opening).  If you are interested in more details, I wrote a series of blog articles on the change.  Here is a link to the first article; there are links to the next article at the end of all but the last article.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/10/aca-2011-opening-location-changes-part.html

David Koch
steved8
Message 3 of 3 (755 Views)

Re: Inserting doors offset and / or centered

02-09-2012 09:13 PM in reply to: steved8

David,

Thanks for the reply and link to your article. Bummer that function is no longer, but at least now I know to stop looking for it.

Cheers,

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.