AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import layout from template really slow.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DParkRMAK
629 Views, 4 Replies

Import layout from template really slow.

When I import a layout from template it takes about 5-10 min of ACA not responding before it will actually import the layout from my template file. It will do this on any new file the first time and then it will work just fine after that.

It used to work without any problems and I don't know why it started doing this a few months ago. This was happening with ACA 2013 and now with 2014.

Does anyone else experience this? I am not sure if it is an IT problem or an ACA problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: DParkRMAK

What else changed a few months back? New PC, new server? PC moved? You moved? You relocated or added templates? 2013 and 2014 both were victims of a 'migrate' option when you first started each?
Message 3 of 5
DParkRMAK
in reply to: pendean

Well, pretty much all of the above but the problem started before all that. The first time I noticed it I thought it might have been a problem with a new router and firewall but the same problem occurs when I am accessing my layout template on my desktop. We have replaced the server and have new computers since it began, all with fresh installs of Building design suite premium. We have a similar issue the first time we open the x-ref manager. It can take 5-10 min to open but then it's fine after that. It is the same on 6 computers.

We do all have the same start template set up but I have tested this with the default acad.dwt and the same thing happens.

I This really started with ACA2013 and continued with ACA2014. My machine was a fresh install and I didn't migrate anything.

Message 4 of 5
DParkRMAK

I have been testing this a bit further. When I import a layout from one of the default sheet templates it works just fine.

I have recovered, purged and audited my template, moved it to the default template folder, purged registered elements etc etc and I still have the problem with this file.

I have been trying to attach a copy of my layout template file without sucess. It didnt like the DWT extension then when I try to upload a dwg it tells me "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" ????

What the heck is wrong with this file?

Message 5 of 5
pendean

ZIP anything you want to post here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost