AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageframe in an xref

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
davidm889
16996 Views, 11 Replies

imageframe in an xref

I have an image in an xref and when I plot, the frame shows up. I have imageframe turned off in both the reference drawing and the drawing I'm plotting from. any ideas? It works for one of my drawings, but not the rest.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: davidm889

Is the same image in the one that works fine?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
davidm889

yes, it's a title block with the clients logo. It plots fine on the first sheet I x-refed it into, then I used that layout as a template for other drawings in the set, those are the ones that don't plot. I tried to detatch and reattach, but still does it.
Message 4 of 12
LyleHardin

For those who are still looking for an answer, I saw this in another post and it worked for me.  Apparently setting IMAGEFRAME to 1, then back to 0 works.

"Turning them on (setting IMAGEFRAME to 1) (even though they were already on) and turning them off again (turning IMAGEFRAME to 0) worked for me.  Thx! "

Message 5 of 12
agentornge75
in reply to: LyleHardin

I had the same problem, and when i read this fix i re-opened my drawing and found that Imageframe was set to 1 (even though I had just meticulously reset it to 0 in both the XREF and the problem drawing and re-saved).  

changing it from 1 to zero in this new drawing worked fine.

Message 6 of 12
sandhya6454706

Thanks Man !! This is a piece of gem!

@LyleHardin wrote:

For those who are still looking for an answer, I saw this in another post and it worked for me.  Apparently setting IMAGEFRAME to 1, then back to 0 works.

"Turning them on (setting IMAGEFRAME to 1) (even though they were already on) and turning them off again (turning IMAGEFRAME to 0) worked for me.  Thx! "

Message 7 of 12

Thank you!  You just saved me time and my sanity.  I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong with my drawing.  

Message 8 of 12
jrouseAQJS8

Thanks!  This solution worked for me!

Message 9 of 12
jmctigue

8 years later, it is still the correct answer.

Message 10 of 12
kibitotato

doesn´t work for me. Any fresh solution?

Message 11 of 12
kibitotato

Found a sollution.

Change de System variable of VISRETAIN and XREFOVERRIDE to 0. Don´t understand why but it works.

Message 12 of 12
LyleHardin

Be careful with VISRETAIN = 0 . If people change things in the xref, it's going to change in the dwg that uses the xref. We keep VISRETAIN = 1 so people can control what things look like in their own drawing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost