AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC and GUID

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
549 Views, 0 Replies

IFC and GUID

It's getting more and more common to exchange model data using IFC-files. In one project we are working across CAD-systems (AutoCAD Architecture, Revit Architecture and ArchiCAD). ArchiCAD and Revit handle the global unique identifiers (GUID) correctly. For example if I create a wall in Revit and export to IFC file and then import to ArchiCAD, it has the same GUID if I edit in ArchiCAD and export back to IFC. If I try to do the same with AutoCAD Architecture, the program exports a new GUID for that wall. The result is that we can't know which object is which. The identity gets lost.

My guess is that when AutoCAD Architecture imports an IFC-file, it creates new dwg-files and therefore, it also creates new GUID's during export to IFC. This is a pretty serious problem and makes it impossible to use ACA in these kind of projects. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this problem?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost