AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon of AutoCAD in Desktop missing in 2012 Version?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
octavio2
1526 Views, 1 Reply

Icon of AutoCAD in Desktop missing in 2012 Version?

I just installed AutoCAD ARchitecture 2012, and the icon is showing in the desktopt2012.

I use the program as AutoCAD, not necessarily as "Desktop). 

In the previous (2011) version, I also got in addition to the AutoCAD ARchitecture 2011 icon, I also got an "AutoCAD Architecture 2011 as AutoCAD" in the desktop, but I do not see it in this installed version of 2012.

Had that icon been done away with?  Or I can put it there by how?

Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: octavio2

You should have had an option to install an "as AutoCAD" profile and desktop icon during installation.  You may have had to "expand" one of the screens in the installation dialog in order to customize your installation and to expose additional options.

Check your Options dialog, on the Profiles tab.  Do you have an "AutoCAD" profile (or a similarly named one)?  If so, you should be able to use that to run ACA as AutoCAD.  You can make a copy of the desktop icon you have, rename it and, on the Shortcut tab on the Target line, change the profile name that appears after the "/p" switch to the "AutoCAD" profile (or whatever name yours is called).  If there is an "/ld" switch, delete that and the string that follows it, to avoid loading any ACA modules.

If you do not have an "AutoCAD" profile or any other one that runs "as AutoCAD", you should be able to make one, following the directions in this blog article:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2007/07/autocad-architecture-2008-as-autocad.html

That was written back in 2008, but so far as I know, the technique should still work in 2012.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost