AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I just found out ACA 2012 classic menu bars!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yanweiwen3307
6266 Views, 3 Replies

I just found out ACA 2012 classic menu bars!!!

Hei everybody!

I'v just updated my ACA 2008 to 2012 and i was looking for the classic menu bars like 2008.

Finally i got it, after 2 days work. I have tried 2009, 2010 and 2011 64bit. I spent so many hours to find out where the tool bars are, and sent an email to Autodesk, but the answer was that they don't have the tool bars anymore!

I have worked with autocad since the 2003 version until 2008 version,  then I stopped updating because they keep changing things every year with very little difference, while we have to spend time and money to learn it.

After I have tested ACA 2010 I have no idea how we can work, we have to produce drawnings and earn money. But with the stupid new interface i have to use atleast twice the time than before to produce drawings.

I will say for us as autocad users it's good to update the programme, but only update the programme to work faster and better, not just how it looks and. And they shouldn't tell us how we should work, but adapt the programme to our needs.

Thanks to everyone who read this. Underneath is an explenation to how I found the classic menu toolbars.

Type ''Menuload'' and Browse then  load ''ACAD'', her we go!

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ntellery
in reply to: yanweiwen3307

I so identify with your sentiment.  Do I understand that you use autocad more than ACA?

We (just 2 users) are upgrading from ACA09 to 12 and I was using ADT2006 only 2.5 yrs ago and it's disapointing how little has changed in ACA.  However 12's change to the polyline and hatch (now like a aecpolygon are fantastic)

If you are an ACA user you can go to 9 and grab the ACA.cuix or in our case we've grabbed the ACAuk.cuix as we still like the old Layer and Layer properties toolbars and loaded it as a Partial menu and hid most of the simple toolbars like Line etc.  If you go into hte toolbar section and set most to hide you won't waste screen space on simple toolbars that should be shortcuts like Line (doh!)

My tip is don't customize what's out of the box stuff.  When you upgrade, reinstall, change pc's you will loose all your stuff and be out in the cold.  Learn shortcuts and carry them with you. (ACAD.PGP file holds shortcuts).  You can also create simple shortcuts in a lisp file that I call MyStuff.lsp (best tip I've picked up here) and keep all your stuff in a folder together. I've now prooved this twice with moving to 09 and now 12 with little disruption because I rely on the interface so little. I've left the ribbon open and gradually pick up (new) things or search for things but overall I use shortcuts that are the same in 6,9,12.  For e.g. Style Manager, Display Manager, are SM, DM.  Material Definition, Profile Definition are MD and PD.  Keep consistency and they are easy to remember.  If you reinstall, find and copy your Acad.PGP file and take it along with you. I no longer care too much about how they change the interface (and it will change again).  If you become reliant on the interface you will 'face' the problems of change.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 4
stensq
in reply to: yanweiwen3307

Fantastic... had to reinstall my ACA 2012 after a hard drive failure, and lost all my menus in the process, this brought them back... happy days!
Message 4 of 4
yanweiwen3307
in reply to: stensq

Hei 

you are very velcome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost