AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some problems that Autocad workers told me to come here and ask

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
SerenneCam
634 Views, 10 Replies

I have some problems that Autocad workers told me to come here and ask

I use the 2012 version, here are my problems:

1.If I try to change the color of a layer,the 2012 automatically creates a new layer called "unsaved",why is that?

2.Why whenever I create a new layer with 2012,the objects from another layer automatically joins this layer?

3.How can I shade one single object only?I use 2012,but it always shades the entire drawing,even if I selected only one object.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: SerenneCam

1. How do you change the color of a layer?
2. How are you creating this other layer? How are you confirming these objects are moving to the new layer?
3. You can't.
Message 3 of 11
SerenneCam
in reply to: pendean

Okay,I solved the first problem.

Can I have different objects to be in different layers?I create an object in one layer,how do I make it stay in that layer when I make a new layer or switch layers?

You said I cannot shade one object only, then how do I set different objects in different colors? When I see architect's draft, they always have different colors for different things.I assume I can separate colors by layers, but as mentioned, I have problems putting objects in different layers.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Answer my two questions in my first post.
Message 5 of 11
SerenneCam

I click on "create new layer", give it a name and a color, then save.

I set the layer I created to be the current layer, my object now is the color of the layer.

When I create another layer with another color, it is automatically set to current, and my object changes to the color of this new layer.

I don't think anything is wrong with my software anymore, but how do I make an object stay in one layer without travelling to the next?

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Are your objects selected when you create the new layer?
Set PICKFRIST variable to 0 and try to create a new layer again.
Message 7 of 11
SerenneCam

I screenshot a video of what I did, can you check if it's right? It still doesn't work for me.

Can you tell me your email, because the attachment does not support video file or rar file. If you don't want to publicize your email, just send a random email to mine 1342503321@qq.com

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Use a free service like DROPBOX or SKYDRIVE to share files.
Message 9 of 11
SerenneCam
Message 10 of 11
pendean

Looks like you are selecting/using LAYER STATE, not LAYER command which is used to create new layers.
Look at your command line, it's telling you the same information. Wrong command.

Wrong command for what you want to do.

Your LAYER pulldown is docked at the top most part of your program window, right after the left and right arrows buttons.

Or just type .LAYER at the command line and use the correct command.
Message 11 of 11
SerenneCam

The problem is solved! Thanks a lot, sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost