AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-drop in Content Browser doesn't work

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
clippincott-CL
1350 Views, 8 Replies

i-drop in Content Browser doesn't work

I have created a Catalog in Content Browser that has all of our firm's tool palettes in it and published it on the network. On a new machine, I opened content browser and imported this new Catalog, which worked fine.

Now when I try to add each tool palette from Content Browser to the ACAD MEP 2009 workspace using the i-dropper, nothing happens. The little dropper image gets dark (fills up with palette content) but then when I drag it into the workspace and let go of the mouse button, I see an hour glass for a couple of seconds and then nothing, no new palettes are added to the Tool Palette. I have tried dragging the i-dropper to the Tool Palette itself and also just into the Workspace, or drawing field, and nothing happens.

There must be something I'm missing. What can I do to get this to work?

Thanks for any advice offered.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: clippincott-CL

Which version of NET Framework have you got installed?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I am having this same issue with mine, I am using .NET Framework 3.5 sp1, I believe this is the most recent. I've tried multipe drawings, in case it was drawing specific but still not working. Edited by: Squires20 on Feb 12, 2010 5:45 PM
Message 4 of 9

I have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

I have worked on this some more since my last post and I was able to create new palettes in the Tool Palette and then drag the content of the palettes in the Content Browser into those new palettes. But it was my understanding that I should be able to drag the palettes themselves from Content Browser into the Tool Palette in ACAD.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

This was my work around as well...
Message 6 of 9

Have you installed the 2010 version on the same machine? I do not know if the effect is the same in MEP, but installing ACA 2010 breaks some of the idrop functionality of previous releases (no direct to workspace dropping of tools, for example). You can run a repair installation on the earlier version to get that one to work, but that will break idrop in 2010.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6112936
Message 8 of 9

Thanks David and nkeeler, an incompatible version of .NET is probably the problem. I have Revit MEP 2010 installed on my machine, which is where I got the latest version of .NET.
Message 9 of 9
rwedemeyer

I am having the same problem and repairing the install did not fix it, nor did a total reinstall of A-MEP 2010. I can "idrop" content from the web, but not from the Content Browser. The idrop indicator fills up in Content Browser, but I get nothing when I move it to the program. I can use it to copy content, etc to a tool palette, but not directly to a drawing. I have the latest version of .net.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost