AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP T1100 install problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
calfcreek
325 Views, 4 Replies

HP T1100 install problem

We have a new plotter, HP T1100 and we have an issue that befuddles me. On two out of five computers I have installed the plotter and it works fine with my new ACA plotter configuration. On three out of the five, when you hit plot a dialogue comes up saying the plotter is not found, please pick from a list. The plotter is on the list. If you pick it, you have to save to the configuration file. If you save then the other two computers won't work and it is a vicious cycle with no apparent remedy. I am flumoxed. I thought I had it figured out when I installed the printer directly rather than as a shared printer from the network but that worked on one computer but not the next.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The boss is giving me that look, like 'exactly what do I pay you for?' Of course he has no clue either so I am safe for the moment....

(ACA '08 on all)
Dell Precision
2.8 ghz intel
2gb ram
Windows XP (others have Windows 2000)
The two that work are not the same...one XP the other not.
Dell server with Server 2003 installed.

Keith D. Rodebush
SGAI
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: calfcreek

PAGESETUP in each of those layouts perhaps to reselect the plotter, without
touching the config/PC3 file are you are doing.
Make sure all seats have the Show System Printer option selected, skip any
PC3 files for now, everyone aim for the system driver.

Make doubly sure that on the administrator PC, not just the server unless
you are setup in that quirky fashion, that you have the plotter driver
sharing feature turned on in Windows.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 5
calfcreek

Thanks Dean.
I have another plotter configuration set up w/ just the plotter name and a standard setup for 24 X 36. This one works. I don't know why the other wouldn't work as well. IOW the plotter is installed, shared and working. But in the two company standard .pc3 files for 24 X 36 and 30 X 42 plots, these computers don't recognize the same exact plotter that they recognize in the other configuration. I've done these .pc3 files over several times and nothing seems to work. Why would one .pc3 file work and the other not, when both point to the same plotter?? hmmmmmm
All were set to share when the plotter was installed.
Hide System Printer is unchecked on all.
As to the quirky set up, that's probably us....

Thanks again.
Message 4 of 5
calfcreek

Just a hint for anyone else with a T1100....
we had a lot of problems getting a quality print. In the end it was the paper selection. We were using trans bond, but if you select that in your printer configuration it does not give crisp dark prints. We had to select Plain Paper to get a quality plot. (This is in the Plotter Manager set up not the load paper options on the plotter.)

cc
Message 5 of 5
calfcreek

The issue has been resolved, at least for now.

I installed the plotter on the offending machines as a network plotter from my machine. All machines now work fine. I did not have to do this on one machine, so I am still bewildered but I won't fight success.
Thanks, Dean.

Keith D. Rodebush
SGAI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost