AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show wall surface hatch in elevation view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
anniesball72
4081 Views, 3 Replies

How to show wall surface hatch in elevation view

I am learning aca 2011. I would like to copy the "standard" wall style add a surface hatch and display that in an elevation (exterior) view. I have played around with this and due to many different places to edit the materials. I am confused. Can someone walk me through it for "high detail" ?

I have the elevations created. When I go back into the construct and edit the wall style do I have to re-create the elevations to see the hatch? Or I think I just have something set incorrectly in the style.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmcintyre
in reply to: anniesball72

Surface hatcing is defined in the AEC material style (not the acad material). In the display rep of the AEC material style you have to turn on surface hatching, define the hatch pattern and also nominate where it occurs (top, left right etc). Then in the elevation style, surface hatching needs to be turned on.

Message 3 of 4
anniesball72
in reply to: jmcintyre

I still need a little help with this.

I have created some wall styles in a construct drawing. Is the AEC Material Style located in the Style Manager/Multipurpose Objects/Material Definitions? OK if so I have selected the Display Property for the representation that I'm going to use. Inside of the property I have made sure the surface hatch layer is turned on. Next I go to the Hatch tab and have a hatch pattern selected. I close this drawing and then open my View type Elevation drawing. In this drawing I reference the construct drawing I just created.I have already created my static 2D elevations. I select the elevation and review it's properties. I verify that surface hatching is on. Unfortunatly I don't see any hatch.

Will this work for a drawing material style being referenced through a view type elevation drawing?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: anniesball72

I suspect that you have not changed the Display Representation that the your Section_Elev is using.

To verify the display representation that the Section_Elev is using, go to the Display Manager/Sets/Section_Elev/Material Definitions.  If, for example, Section_Elev is checked for General Medium Detail only, regardless of your construct drawing's current display mode, it is the Gen. Medium Detail that your elevation will use.  You can access the Material Defiinition either through the Style Manager (as you have done) or by editing your Wall Style and going to the Materials tab, selecting your material and then clicking the Edit Material icon in the upper right corner.  Next, go to the Display Properties tab and click the Edit Display Properties icon in the upper right corner.  Now, make certain that you have selected your surface hatch patterm for the Display Representation the Section_Elev uses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost