AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register plug-ins in ACA 2012?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnmacfall
598 Views, 6 Replies

How to register plug-ins in ACA 2012?

I'm using ACA 2012 (standalone) with Win 7 Professional  x64. When issuing the command to CheckStandards, I'm getting an error message stating that

"No plug-ins are registered on your system. CheckStandards cannot continue with a check until you have repaired the feature installation."

I repaired ACA 2012 and also determined that the file DwgCheckStandards.exe existed. Since I still get the same message, I've obviously missed something. How do I register plug-ins in AutoCAD?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: johnmacfall

The message had a second part to it:

".. until you have repaired the feature installation."

You need to repair or reinstall ACA (that's two tasks) to fix the problem. Post back if that's what you have done and it's still broken.

Message 3 of 7
johnmacfall

So at this point my only option is to reinstall the product? I already repaired the product, as mentioned earlier. Will I lose all my customizations when I reinstall? Is there a list of customizeable files so I can back those up and restore them after the reinstallation of ACA 2012?

Message 4 of 7
MarySeufert

Have you tried the "add or remove features"? Make sure 'CAD Standards' is checked. Perhaps ACA can't repair what isn't completely there... If it is checked, you could try unchecking it, then go back through the same process to restore it. Then you wouldn't have to do a full uninstall.

~ Mary

AddRemoveACA2012.png

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 7
johnmacfall

Good idea, Mary. I'll try that as soon as I get a minute. Thanks very much.

Message 6 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: MarySeufert

P.S. Don't forget to turn off Window's UAC!

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 7
johnmacfall

Your idea did the trick, Mary. You saved me a lot of work! I had to clear CAD Standards from the features list, then run the update so it was completely removed, then added it back and updated again, then went into the CAD Standards settings and checked all the plug-ins shown there, then it worked! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost