AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make pulldown menus shown in CUI appear on the menu bar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dbd63
2887 Views, 5 Replies

How to make pulldown menus shown in CUI appear on the menu bar

The pulldown menus listed in the CUI are File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Window, and Help.  The menu bar has one pulldown menu: Express.  How do I make the pulldown menus listed in the CUI appear on the menu bar?  Sure wish it was as easy and obvious as "drag them there".

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dbd63

On the Customize tab of the CUI dialog, select the Workspace in which you want to see the pull-down menus in the upper right pane.  In the upper left pane, click on the Customize Workspace button.  This will put check boxes in front of the items in the upper right pane.  Find your pull-down menus in the upper left pane and put a check mark in front of the ones you want to see in that Workspace.  They should then appear under the Menus node in the upper left pane, where you can adjust the order.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
dbd63
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Either your CUI left and right panes are reversed from mine, or you got them backwards.  No matter- it all worked fine, once I chose the Customize Workspace button.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
ericm

if you don't see all the menus options such as "file", "edit", etc.  Then you need to switch over to the transfer tab in the cui manager.  Make sure the left side says "main customization file (aca.cuix)" right under the title Custoizations in Main File.  On the right side, you want to look for ACAD.cuix under the Customizations in New File column.  This file will be found under your C drive - typically under aca2012 (or whatever version you have)\enu\support\.

Once you have that open, you can click on the plus sign next to menus on the right side and thus drag the items you want to the left side.  Hit apply and your done, as long you  have the - show menu bar - option turned on.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch

Sorry, I did mix up right and left.  [Sigh]

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
calfcreek_2

Very cool! It pays to just search sometimes rather than start a new thread. Thanks, David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost