AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock files for view only sharing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1228 Views, 3 Replies

How to lock files for view only sharing

I'm using 2012 autocad architecture.  I would like to know ASAP if there is a safe way to share my autocad drawings with a specific autocad user that completely locks the files so they can not be modified, saved as something else and opened, or otherwise compromised.  I have a client that wants copies in autocad of the drawing files. But I don't see a good way to lock them that is fool proof, and am not sure what such a question would be listed under in the help index.  Is there a way of saving them that can keep them un-modifiable?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use DWGLock. Do a google search on locking autocad files and you'll find many options.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks a bunch Mary!  Looks like this is what I've been looking for.  I'll give it a try!

Message 4 of 4
pendean

before you spend $330, you might want to guage the temp of your client and them receiving locked up DWG files (if that's all they wanted, they would have just asked for PDFs or DWFs).

As for the other person, if they are in your office and accessing the file on your server(s), a simple removal of their read-write access at the server level is free option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost