AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a window vent to a slab roof

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
daley1234
1125 Views, 2 Replies

How to add a window vent to a slab roof

Hi Guys,

I am trying to add a window vent to my roof slab, I have never done this before and would love to get some help in so doing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm using autocad architecture 2013. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: daley1234

You can't add a Window to a roof slab, but you can cut a hole in the slab, then add a Mass and assign a glass material.  To cut the hole,  in plan view, draw a polyline in the shape of your opening.  You do not need to align this polyline with the roof slab.  Now, use the polyline to cut a hole in the slab.    The simplest way to construct the window is to align the UCS with the hole by picking 3 endpoints of the opening you just cut.    If you just want to seee the glass, you can  draw a polyline around the opening, convert it to a mass and apply a glass material.  You can use this same procedure to build a frame and more accurate window.    I don't know of a way to make it actually function as a window, where you could show it fully or partially open.

Message 3 of 3
daley1234
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thanks much KathyMoffa

I thought as much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost