AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a space style similar to BOMA with multiple boundaries?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cnewton
642 Views, 3 Replies

How do I create a space style similar to BOMA with multiple boundaries?

I want to create a space style similar to BOMA with editable boundaries to use for LEED Daylighting calculations. I figured out how to make a new property set definitions, new space style, etc., but I can't get the boundaries to read as the LEED boundaries. I want the Base area to remain as is, but I want NET to be Daylit, Useable to be Sidelit, and Gross to be Toplit.

I could do the workaround and just use the OOTB BOMA style, but then others editing will have to constantly translate which means what as we edit the drawings. When you look at the display display Properties for the space style, the boundaries and hatches read as net, useable, etc. I can't figure out where to redefine those and when you right click the space and Edit Boundary, I need to be able to display the correct properties, not the BOMA properties. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Spillman Farmer Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cnewton
in reply to: cnewton

Still looking for an answer. In the meantime I am using the boma space and composing it to fit my needs. I customized a tag to read Exception, Side lit, Top lit, etc. in place net, useable, etc.

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cnewton

Hello,

Just wondering if you found the answer to this and where you are with your implementation.

Thanks and all the best,

-H

Message 4 of 4
cnewton
in reply to: Anonymous

No I haven't. It would be useful in space planning. Respectfully, Clint Newton III, CSI, LEED AP BD&C Project Manager Spillman Farmer Architects 1720 Spillman Drive, Suite 200 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015-2169 Tel: 610.865.2621 Ext #29 www.spillmanfarmer.comCSI Allentown Chapter Vice President [cid:image001.png@01D126D9.04F467E0] [cid:image002.jpg@01D126D9.04F467E0]
Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost