AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DWA

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mike.Lamka
327 Views, 1 Reply

Help with DWA

I've searched around the web and this website looking for a DWA that has a single hinged door with two window panels to one side and a transom over just the door.  I also need to acheive a mullion at 30" from the base of the window on the the two window panels.  I have tried to do it over and over again, but with no luck.  Any  help would be greatly appreciated with this.

I have attached the type I was trying it with.  Also in the file next to the door is a window assembly that has the mullion height I'm trying to match.

Thank you,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leothebuilder
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

The easiest way I find is to draw a single line diagram of the DWA that I want.

Then rightclick the DWA tool on the tool palette and select "apply to elevation"

Select the single line diagram and is will transform into a DWA.

The trick is to edit the DWA you want to use as a template to all the settings you want, e.g. frame and mullion sizes etc.

The single line diagram will expand to whatever frame sizes your DWA template has assigned.

For example, if your frame sizes in the DWA template are set at 2 x 4 inches, the single lines will expand to 2 inches in elevation. So you have to allow for this in the single line diagram. If you want the door to be 36 inches wide and it has fixed glass panels on each side, the distance for the vertical lines indicating the door opening has to be 38 inches.

All the single lines around the perimeter will expand 2 inches inward. All the single lines for other vertical and horizonal mullions and transoms will expand an inch each side.

Once you have created the new DWA view it in ortho, select and r/c the assembly and select "infill > show markers"

Now select and r/c a marker in a cell and select "override assignment" you can select a door style as the infill panel where you want the door. You can alos select each cell that needs glass and select whatever glass you want.

The trick is to make sure that doors styles and glass styles are present in the drawing to allow you to select them as an override.

All sounds maybe complicated, but once you get the hang of it this is a really simple way to create custom DWA's.

Best to save each custom DWA as a style. Select and r/c the DWA and select "copy and assign".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost