AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Classis View ADT 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
radar696
447 Views, 4 Replies

Help With Classis View ADT 2012

Okay, this is my work computer and they just uninstalled Mech 2012 and installed ADT 2012 inorder to work on my latest project.

So am I right in thinking that I can't just change the format over to the Classic View tools and pull downs?

Thanks for any help with this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarySeufert
in reply to: radar696

Nope, you can only run ACA with the ribbon interface v2010 and above. If you really want to customize, search this forum for 'Classic' to get the 2009 pull-downs and toolbars through the CUI.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

How are you using AutoCAD Architecture?  If you are using it just as AutoCAD, you could run it "as AutoCAD," in which case you would be using the ACAD.cuix as your main customization file.  The 2012 version of ACAD.cuix should still have a "Classic" profile.

If you need to use AEC objects (Walls, Doors, Windows, etc.), then Mary is correct, there is no classic mode and the ACA.cuix file does not include pulldown menus or toolbars.  You could transfer them from the ACAD.cuix if you really need them, but those will not have any ACA commands.  If you are working with AEC objects, you will probably want to have the ribbon turned on, to take advantage of the contextual ribbon tabs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
radar696
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Okay so then it seems odd that Mechanical Desktop 2012 still has the Classic view as an option.

I was using that version until being placed on this latest project which is requiring Architechural Desktop due to the AEC objects that you have mentioned David.

Maybe it's just my process of performing different functions while using AutoCAD but I've found that the ribbon isn't friendly to certain command strings.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

And if you have, did you figure out a solution?

Message 5 of 5
MarySeufert

@radar696 wrote:
Maybe it's just my process of performing different functions while using AutoCAD but I've found that the ribbon isn't friendly to certain command strings.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

And if you have, did you figure out a solution?

That is pretty broad to try and single out for a solution. For the most part, the command line is still where the action happens for me. I've customized the ribbon to have all the tools where I want them. I also modify contextual ribbon tabs to have extra tools so I don't have to click over to another tab all the time.

I work in multiple AutoCAD verticals as well, and the ribbon is different in each flavor. It is one of my biggest frustrations that they don't place certain commands in the same place across the product line. Some of what they do makes no sense at all, so I customize it to be more congruous.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost