AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Autocad Architecture rendering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1031 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Autocad Architecture rendering

Dear all,

I 'm using Autodesk Architecture 2011 for rendering, since this is the programme we are using at the office.

The thing is that I have not found any 3d cars, people and plants to put at the drawings and I use photoshop after the rendering to add people,cars etc. My boss is giving me a very hard time for this, and he has given me a deadline in order to find 3d libraries.

I was looking at the net but I was so confused. Please help me find libraries. We preferably want dwg 3d libraries to use and objects that can be rendered afterwards. We don't mind even buying a good set of 3d objects.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out Archvision

http://www.archvision.com/

There is a plugin available for Autocad Architecture.

Some content is free (I believe) but you may have to buy content.

Message 3 of 3
ntellery
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to your content browser and look for the archvision plugin there.

A free tool + 100 plants/cars/people are included with ACA

Plus you can search for an extra Free creator to use your own maps or buy theirs already setup.

These are picture maps and there are many free on the market available.

You can even attach maps to planes like a 3D face, box, line with thickness for a tree etc.

There are also 3D models avialable but they do take a lot extra to render and handle inside acad and most are designed to work for Max or other rendering specific program.  

They have done some work to update the Acad (ACA) rendering engine and now it is a scaled down version of what's in MAX so it's somewhat compatible.

You can google words like 3D models, Tree Textures, etc to get items up.

There are some reviews that should show up to.

What does this mean? "objects that can be rendered afterward"

Using textures gives you a very detailed object for cheap computing power, 3D models give you more profile realism but can loose on texture and variation.

XFrog have a set of freebies you can look at http://www.xfrog.com/ for example that are part 3D and part maps.  Trunk is 3D and leaves are maps attached to faces.  It seems to me that Acad lacks certain mapping techniques to get it working in Acad, it works in MAX.

Onyx have a set of tools to create variation of trees & plants. Not sure how they go.

Post back wth Q's.

What type of work do you do?  High end I would suggest asking about MAX.

Low end you can get away with ACAD to an extent for quick and dirty renders.  Check in the gallery section here for samples.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost