AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Space Tabulation Schedule. How to get one to work?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jason_S
1149 Views, 2 Replies

HELP Space Tabulation Schedule. How to get one to work?

I am working in ACA 2013.  I can't get a space tabulation schedule to work.

I created a couple PSD's in the Construct and made sure they are there for the spaces.

The first PSD created is ProNetRoomSF (This parameter comes from the space automatically)

The second is ReqNetRoomSF (This parameter is user input)

I then tried to create a formula column that took the ReqNetRoomSF and subtracted out the ProNetRoomSF.

What that gave me in the schedule was [ReqNetRoomSF]-[ProNetRoomSF] in the column field.  I could never get the result to show any number.

What am I missing?

Attached is what I am trying to get.

Thank you for the help and time.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jason_S

Without seeing your file, I am guessing that you have a Property Data Format applied to your ProNetRoomSF and ReqNetRoomSF properties that adds a suffix of " SF" (such as the out-of-the-box imperial Area Property Data Format).  Also make certain that the manual ReqNetRoomSF has its Type set to Real.

When you reference these properties in your Formula Column, the initial default will be to use the format assigned to the property.  This results in the values being interpreted as text strings, which you cannot subtract.  You can, however, override this setting.

1.  Edit your Schedule Table Style.

2.  On the Columns tab, select your Formula Column and then choose the Modify button.

3.  In the Modify Formula Column dialog, locate the Enter Sample Values area, in the middle of the right side.

4.  For each of your referenced area properties, change the setting in the Format column to Standard.  (This assumes you have not changed the out-of-the-box settings for Standard - see below.)

5.  At the top of the dialog (left side), verify that the Data Format assigned to your Formula Column is as desired.  (This gets assigned to the final result, so you can use Area here.)

6.  OK out, and you should find that your Formula Column is now doing math.

The reason the out-of-the-box Standard Property Data Format works is that it does not include any text-based prefix or suffix, so the value passed through is interpretted as a number by VBScript.  The out-of-the-box Standard Property Data Format has a three-decimal-place precision set; if your calculations need a greater precision, you can make a copy Standard in the Style Manager, rename the copy and set the precision of the copy to the necessary level (up to 8 decimal places), and then use that new Property Data Format in your Formula Column. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

Again I find your help as priceless.  This did the trick and got me what I needed.  Plus I learned something from the directions you gave (Steps 3 and 4). I never knew I change the format there also.

Thanks again for the great help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost