AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - AEC Standard STB plot style missing from ACA 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
davidtetro
3491 Views, 6 Replies

HELP - AEC Standard STB plot style missing from ACA 2014

Does anyone have the same issue? I am missing all of the STB plot settings that came with 2013 - none of them exist in 2014 and I need to plot...

Anyone have one or know if/why they are missing from 2014?

Thanks...

Frantic Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: davidtetro

Are they missing from the folder designated as the source for plot style files in your current ACA profile when you use Windows Explorer to open that folder?  Or are they only missing when you try to plot and want to select one from the list presented in the Plot dialog?

If the latter, your drawing is likely set up to use Color-Dependent Plot Styles.  These drawings will not be offered STB plot styles as an option.  Start new drawings with an STB-based template file.  Convert existing drawings using the CONVERTPSTYLES command.  Note that to convert from CTB to STB, you will need to have/create a special conversion STB file that includes a color mapping table.  You can create one using the CONVERTCTB command to convert a CTB file into such a conversion STB file.

After using CONVERTPSTYLES, you will likely have to reassign the plot styles from the STB file you want to use to the layers, as they will have plot styles from the conversion file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
davidtetro
in reply to: David_W_Koch

The drawings have been set up as .STB's and were originally created in ACA 2013. I do not use .CTB's anymore - all of my templates are of the .STB nature.

When I go to plot them, the AECStandard.stb plot file is showing up as missing by indication of the upside-down yellow triangle with the exclamation point in it. the plot style folder in 2014 is missing these plot styles that were all apart of ACA version 2013 and earlier.

I am not too sure if the installation got messed up or if Autodesk removed these plot styles in this realease.

Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: davidtetro

I doubt that the plot styles have been removed. There may have been a problem with the installation, or else they were directed to a different folder but the profile was somehow not updated to reflect that.

A repair installation may be in order if you cannot find the files in a different folder.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
davidtetro

David - I spoke with my software provider and it was determined that the 'Migrate Settings' was the culprit. I had a similar problem before in an earlier release - we just re-installed the plot settings and we are good to go.

Message 6 of 7
radar696

Thanks David,

This is what I was looking for.

The convertpstyles command.

Can someone please let me know how to change this in the defaults?

I would like the ctb files to show with my new drawing files and not the stb files.

Thanks,

Radar

Message 7 of 7
davidtetro
in reply to: radar696

RADAR

Under the settings, you can select which template drawings to pull up when creating new ones.Click OPTIONS and under the first tabe named FILES, expand the TEMPLATES SETTINGS 'plus' sign. There will be a few items there, select the one for 'Default Template File for QNEW'. Navigate to the template file with the 'CTB' within the title.

Then, whenever you go to create a new drawing, the CTB files will be there for that new drawing.

Hope this helps...

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost