AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching with 2011

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Lineabove
1175 Views, 8 Replies

Hatching with 2011

Although I do like the concept of the new Hatch Contextual panel I do find it awkward and slow, if not impossible to work with.

I revert back to 2010 to do my hatching and then switch to 2011 to continue drawing.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Lineabove

You can type BHATCH or HATCH or use an abbreviation/alias for those commands
(I use BH) and then type T for the "seTtings" option and the familiar dialog
box pops up.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

The 'old' hatch is still there, as a selection on the Ribbon or as a setting
as noted above.

There is no need to jump between two apps for that. What else are you
"working around"?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 4 of 9
Lineabove

That is the only issue that I am "working around".

Seems to me that I am unable to select a USER hatch pattern with 45 angle with double hatching.
It is easier for me to revert to 2010, do all my hatching then switch back to 2011.

AND, it is quicker.

I do not like having to work around... but was a quick solution.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Not running a great PC here, 32bit Vista, and I have no issues with the new
hatch. Is your issue simply a difficulty with the newer look, or a genuine
system being hobbled?

Around here the knee-jerk reaction to something new was the problem, a
show-and-tell session seemed to cure everyone's confusion.

There is nothing quicker about hunting and picking, old or new interface, is
we want to be totally honest. If you want drafting speed, you need Lisp or
menu-macro Automation using simple already-there variables like HPNAME,
HPANG and -HATCH command.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 6 of 9
mrwwilliams2

The OP is not alone on this issue. The new hatch is extremely slow. The machines in our office are all relatively new, the one I am on currently has 10GB of ram, Windows 7 64bit... It still hangs up while trying to pick points to hatch (never happened before) then if the "temporary hatch" appears it is not always displayed correctly. More frustrating is the display of the hatch pattern in the dialog box is not the same and looks terrible with the layer/color info. Further when I double click on the hatch to edit it I am forced to use the properties box and not the more accessible dialog box in the middle of the screen. Why can these changes not be optional??

To the post who suggest using the command line -bhatch or -hatch and then T for setTings... you are mistaken. T is now for transparency (What it is for or why one would need that I do not know) bhatch or hatch will bring up the more traditional looking dialog box, but there is not a check box to return the hatch function to the way it worked in 2010.

I am not sure if this all is a point to try to get us to use the ribbon... but the ribbon is just as bad if not worse. No one in our office has been able to get it to work consistently enough to use it.
Message 7 of 9
mrwwilliams2

I take back half of what I said. Some of the features are optional. I found that you can turn off the "quick preview" by typing "hpquickpreview" at the command line and setting it to "off"

I still cannot get the dialog box to open up instead of the properties box on a double click.
Message 8 of 9
bpayne80

> {quote:title=mrwwilliams2 wrote:}{quote}

> > I still cannot get the dialog box to open up instead of the properties box on a double click.

You can go into Tools > Customise > Interface > Double Click Actions > Hatch > change ^C^C_properties to ^C^C_hatchedit

This will allow you to open the old dialoge box with a double click action.
Message 9 of 9
justin_007

I have AutoCAD Architcture 2011 on a brand new and powerful gaming pc and have also run accross insanly slow hatch issues. Running hatch command, picking internal points, and finaly drawing were all slow.

My issues i believe is hatching on site plans with many polylines and objescts in general. Autocad seems to have to look at every boundary it can to just draw a hatch (lame).

This website helped me with some settings to get it faster.

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2010/04/autocad-2011-feature-tips-tricks-10-new-hatch-ti...

The things that worked for me were:

HPQUICKPREVIEW =off

HPDLGMODE=1

I started to select objects instead of internal points since it skips autocad serching whole drawing for boundaries.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost