AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching patterns missing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Grave_3000
4848 Views, 2 Replies

Hatching patterns missing

Ok so, i have hatches on my computer than i have used alot. then literally over night after turnung off my computer and turning it back on my hatches are missing. i need to know how to find them on my computer and then how to get them back assoiciating with autocad. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Grave_3000

Assuming that disaster has not struck and the hatch pattern files in question were not somehow deleted, you could search your computer's hard drive (and, if you make use of a network and have source files stored there, your network drives) for *.PAT.  Make note of the folders in which these files reside, as you will want to put these folders in your AutoCAD search path (Options dialog, Files tab, under the Support File Search path node).

If you have an out-of-the-box installation and the missing hatch patterns all came from the original installation, then you will want to check these two folders in particular:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\appdata\roaming\autodesk\aca 20xx\enu\support\

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\appdata\roaming\autodesk\aca 20xx\enu\support\pats

Substitute your user name for YOURUSERNAMEHERE and the release year you are using for xx.  Also note that appdata is typically a hidden folder, so you will have to turn on the display of hidden files and folders in order to be able to see these folders and files in Windows Explorer.

The first will have ACAD.pat and ACADISO.pat, which contain multiple, standard AutoCAD hatch patterns.  The second folder should contain a large number of single-pattern files.  If your installation was customized, these folders and files could exist elsewhere on your computer or network.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Grave_3000
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you this has been a week long headache solved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost