AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatches from tool palette come in on wrong layer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Libbya
1568 Views, 5 Replies

Hatches from tool palette come in on wrong layer

I have an issue where any hatch that I place on a tool palette comes in on the wrong layer.  They all come in on the a-hatch-window layer despite the properties of the tool being set to the correct layer and the correct layer being present and being the current layer in the drawing.  Anyone know why?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Libbya

Without being at your desk to confirm, you are simply describing the hatch tool object bringing it it's own predefined settings with it. Your file settings will not override it.
Provide screenshots of the tool's expanded Properties settings for review: try to caption most of your ACA screen as well.
Message 3 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: pendean

Here are some screen captures.  

The first "layers" shows the layer mager and the correct layer A-hatch-conc exists and is in the current drawing.

The second shows the tool properties and "A-hatch-conc" is selected as the layer the hatch should go on.

The third "tool activated' shows the image when the tool is selected.  At that point it shows the color of the correct layer.

I can only do 3 attachments per post.  See you soon...

Message 4 of 6
Libbya

And here's the final screen capture.

"Wrong layer" shows that when the hatch is created it is placed on the layer 'A-hatch-window'.  FAIL!

What's up with that??

Message 5 of 6
pendean

What is HPLAYER variable set to in your file?
Message 6 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: pendean

Well, it was set to 'A-hatch-window'.  I set it to '.' and all is good.  🙂  Thanks.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost