AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Contributor
jmldg
Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)
Accepted Solution

hatch Set Origin button's properties have changed, need help resetting please!

273 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2013 05:21 AM

Hello.  Typically when I click on the Set Origin button, all I then have to do is click on the page where I want the hatch origin to be, and everything works just fine.

I work on a shared computer.  Start working this morning, and now when I click on the Set Origin button, it prompts me to inform it "SIngle or SUbobject?".  And through a number of further selections, I can eventually get around to selecting my origin and having things shift around properly.  But that really slows me up.  Seems like one of the system variables got changed.  I've noodled around a bit online, but haven't been able to find how to get things back to how they used to be.

And I tried opening a new page, restarting the program, etc., and the new way the button works has taken hold.  I can't get it to reset. 

Please help.  This is bugging me badly.

Follow up: So on my computer (not working properly) when you click on the Set Origin button, the command line says "Command: _-hatchedit    ....  select hatch objects: _O     ... select hatch objects: _S"  then it says "ambiguous response, please clarify" "SIngle or SUbobject?"

On the computers that are working properly it only displays the "select hatch objects: _O"  and doesn't show the _S part.  So it's like mine is doing two selections at once or something, thus confusing the system.

Thanks!

Sounds to me that two system variables got shut off. At the command line type this:

CMDDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

FILEDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

Try that and redo your operation to correct command line issues.

Don

Product Support
4donwan4
Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)

Re: hatch Set Origin button's properties have changed, need help resetting pleas

01-17-2013 11:37 AM in reply to: jmldg

Sounds to me that two system variables got shut off. At the command line type this:

CMDDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

FILEDIA then enter (set the value to 1)

Try that and redo your operation to correct command line issues.

Don

Contributor
jmldg
Message 3 of 3 (253 Views)

Re: hatch Set Origin button's properties have changed, need help resetting pleas

01-17-2013 11:46 AM in reply to: 4donwan4

Wow thank you, I never would have been able to dig deep enough into the system variables to get there.  I discovered that, additionaly, my pickfirst setting had been changed.  The CAD overlords had a bone to pick with me, apparently.  Everything is back to normal and working smoothly now, I'm very happy to report. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.